Inspiring young Australians to unleash their passion!
Olympics Unleashed is taking athletes into Queensland classrooms to inspire and motivate students to be their personal best, no matter what it may be.
Olympians, Paralympians and athletes aspiring for Tokyo 2020 are excited to visit your school to help Queensland schoolkids be the best version of themselves – whether that’s in the classroom, the playground, the sporting field or at home.
Presented in an interactive and engaging way, athletes will share how they have set goals, overcome challenges and demonstrated resilience throughout their Olympic journey.
The 45-minute presentations are aimed at Years 4-6 and will involve athletes sharing lessons from their Olympic journey that every schoolkid can learn from. Athletes will have time after each visit to interact with students and staff, including photo opportunities and signing autographs.
Olympics Unleashed is free for schools and is supported by the Queensland Government and the Australian Olympic Committee.
We look forward to seeing you and your students soon!
- Are the school presentations suitable for all year levels or are they targeted at specific age groups? At this stage the program is open to Years 4-6 students.
- Which schools are eligible for the program? All primary schools in Queensland.
- Are rural schools eligible for the program? Yes, all primary schools across Queensland (metro, regional, remote) are eligible to participate.
- How long will the program run for? The program will run from September 2018 to early July 2020.
- Is there a cost to schools for the athlete visit? No, there is no cost to schools.
- How long will the athlete be at the school? The presentation will run for around 45 minutes. Following this, there will some time for athletes to chat with students and sign autographs. Subject to athlete time restraints, they would be happy to do a meet and greet session with other students.
- Who can I get more information about the program? Please call the Australian Olympic Committee in Queensland on 07 3121 6428 or email email@example.com for further information.
- How many students can see the presentation? The program can be presented from individual classes to assemblies.
- What information will the school receive before the presentation? You will receive confirmation of the time and date of the presentation; information on the athlete including their profile; key logistics information; and several questions to prepare for the visit to ensure all students have the opportunity to participate.